I have worked in and with all sectors of the NHS at Director and Board level and draw on this long experience to coach clinicians and senior managers to support them to create change in complex organisations. My particular interest is in how coaching can inspire individuals and teams to make a difference in the health system.
Over a long and successful career I have been a biologist, psychologist, child development researcher, patient advocate, health educator, public health professional, commissioner (all sectors), primary care lead, service performance lead, service development lead, partnership lead and now a coach. Parallel with this I have actively campaigned for service improvement working with local community groups, health organisations, local authorities and further education. Politics, power, integrity and accountability are themes knitted into both my professional and community involvement work. Living and working in London has engendered a passion for diversity and the need to take account of multiple perspectives to successfully deliver change. My learning and curiosity is sustained through membership of a number of networks and professional associations.
Throughout my working life I have been involved with the Voluntary and Community Sector as trustee, participant and volunteer. My current pro bono work is as a coach for the sixth form students at a local girls’ state school.
Current and Recent Clients include:
- Coaching and Action Learning for Darzi Fellows to support their clinical leadership development (as an Associate of the Centre for Innovation for Health Management, Leeds University Business School)
- Leading a Change Management and Leadership Programme for a Health Visiting Service in a London Foundation Trust
- Coaching a Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology in a London Acute Trust to improve their effectiveness as individuals and as a department
- Coaching GPs and senior managers in Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Facilitating Action Learning sets for Psychiatry higher specialist trainees across London to develop their management skills
- Working with GPs to diagnose their leadership strengths and identify how to work more effectively to commission services
- Coaching on career development and change with voluntary and community organisations